Research Proposal Writing Tips
April 22, 2017
How to Write a Research Proposal in Effective Way
The approval of your research project is based entirely on your research proposal. To be able to implement your project, you must know how to make a good research proposal. A research proposal is just actually a condensed form of your research paper but is written in a prospective. In this article, the essential parts and the pointers on how to make a better research paper will be discussed.
The rationale of your research proposal determines the actualization of your research paper. It is not only made because it is required for a research proposal. The rationale shows how well you really know and understand your subject matter. It dictates if your subject matter is important or inconsequential.
Your rationale should be your guiding point throughout your research. When your rationale is not clear, it is evident that you are not doing your research studiously. Maybe you don’t understand your topic, or you have just misjudged it. There are some instances, too, that the topic is played down or embellished. It is apparent that these kinds of rationales are not based from facts and are groundless. It is very important to have a rationale so as to keep the objectivity of your research.
You can regard a research proposal plausible or reasonable if there is active participation of the researcher. What you should focus on first is to determine the very intention and what will be the subject of your research. If you have decided on this, the rest will just follow. With this, you can just easily communicate to those who will assess your proposal, what you wish to point out. It is a given that you will not able to explain your subject matter satisfactorily to others if you don’t even understand it yourself.
By being specific and focused, you are able to have a good rationale. If can’t still get it, you can obtain professional writing help from various dissertation writing companies. The next step after this is to put all those bright ideas into writing. Ideas or concepts are just equally useless if it will not be materialized. In writing your goals and objectives, you should follow the instructions given to you by the panel. In addition, they should be written in a concise but clear manner. Salient points in your goals and objectives can be explained further by defining them. Grammatical flaws should be avoided at all times. A hypothesis is a statement that includes the subject matter and rationalization of your study. All throughout your paper, a single focal hypothesis should be maintained. This is a written overriding subject of your research. You have to keep in mind that your focal hypothesis should correlate with your established goals.
It is essential that you have a broad knowledge of your dissertation topic. In order to come up with the best rationale for your research proposal, you need to read different sources such as books, magazines, articles, newspapers, and journals. Having a solid foundation will give you better grounds for your research. To have a good background about the theory covered by your research, you need to look into a minimum of six to eight sources with a word count of at least 800. A research proposal is not created out of sand and is not created by mere imaginations. It is not written to just persuade others but to give possible improvements on knowledge in the future.
Making a research proposal is not a tough job. The research proposal is the next step after finalizing your topic with all the required thinking in terms of different dissertation ideas. At this point of time, you need to transform your ideas into a research proposal. With this proposal, you would be requesting permission for starting up a research or study on the particular topic. Do keep in mind, that this is a short paper, and should not be more than four pages in length. You would find a lot many ideas in terms of research proposal at dissertation writing service Primedissertations.com.
Given below are a few basic steps that are helpful in regard to the development of a research proposal.
Four Steps for Developing Research Proposal
Step 1 : The importance of your chosen research topic
This plays a very vital role in your overall effort as well and as a matter of fact, it also decides, up to a large extent, the level of your performance as well. As we say; the first impression is the last impression. Here too, the introduction is perhaps the most vital aspect. It should therefore, be interesting as well as gripping. Therefore, mentioning any previous study or a similar experience, or just about anything, which links you to this topic would be a very good idea. In case you don’t have any prior experience as such, then in that case, you should write as to what interests you in the topic.
Step 2 : Reference to already existing material
In this procedure, you would directly relate to some research or works, which have already been done, in your project. First of all, this would help you in showcasing your involvement in the process by finding out a bit of information. Secondly, it would help your supervisor in knowing more about your topic. Thirdly, it would reward reliability to your research proposal. In case there is a substantial gap with a scale of further study, it would serve the best use with extra advantages. You may also specify how that text may be available.
Step 3 : The way of research or study
This section involves giving information about how you would carry out your research work. Remember that your chosen research methods must be capable of facing your research questions. Any survey, interview, analysis, questionnaire, or database you are about to use, you must clearly cite in this section. Your method may be reviewed through your text review.
Step 4 : Your expectation from your research or study
In your conclusion, you would discuss the prospective findings or results of your selected methods. At this point the supervisor may like to know as to what contribution your project would make in your field of study.
Making a research proposal can be very difficult, especially if you have no idea what to do. Obviously, you just can’t do it alone. There are some people like your professor or advisor whom you can ask for some help in your research proposal. It will be discussed in this article few simple suggestions on how to overcome the difficult process of writing a proposal. The first challenge you have to face is choosing a topic. Those who are new to this, even some of those who have an experience in making a research proposal, find it hard to choose a topic. Choosing a topic entails focus and attention because this is the most crucial part of doing a research. If you still can’t think of a topic, all you need to do is to browse materials in the school library. You can find there dissertations done by other students before. You can also look into a lot of journals, articles, books and magazines. What you just need to remember is to narrow down categories that you have interest in and choose one that appeals you most.
This will save you a lot of time and effort, plus it will give you a direction in your search for a topic. If you are still not sure on what topic to choose, you can seek help from your professors. They are the authorities on writing a proposal and you can surely get good ideas. Another challenge that students encounter is how to make a research proposal itself. It is good if you have made a proposal before, so that you can pattern the format from it. If you are new to this, you can refer to dissertation samples in the library or on the internet. It is very important to get this right because a proposal is the key to the approval of your research. The panel will evaluate if you have what it takes to do a research.
How to Effectively Write a Good Research Proposal
- First, what you need to remember is the technical and management part of writing. The technical part is necessary to shape up your proposal. You need to give all details on how much you have progressed on your research, the importance of your research, what its necessity is, and the means of achieving your target. The management part includes the organization of your whole research. To finish your paper on or before your target date, you must think of several ways on how manage it. Furthermore, it is good to incorporate a timetable that will show your pacing when go on making your research.
- Second, you will be given a particular format and design for your proposal. You need to follow the specific guidelines and instructions like the font style, font size; margins, indentations, spacing, etc. set by your advisor or based on your dissertation topic requirement.
- Third is the need of a good theoretical background. To make your proposal feasible, it is important to show what has been researched and what has been not, and how your study will be able to fill in that void of knowledge. It is also a must to find reviews of related literature that are pertinent and have benefits to your research. There is also an added credit if you have previous knowledge or experiences on your topic.
- Fourth, keep in mind that the problem, issue, question, or argument is the shortest passage in the whole of your research. It should be written intelligibly in just one to three sentences. The thesis statement typically closes the introduction of your proposal. It can be stated in this manner – “The consequences of the untimely melting of glaciers.”
- Fifth, you have to think about several factors before writing your objectives. You should consider on what you really wanted to achieve and those that are involved in your objectives. What’s more is that your objectives should be specific, measurable, attainable, and realistic. You can have a single or several objectives.
- Sixth is if without a correctly written rationale for your proposal, your entire research can’t be made possible. You are not merely giving grounds for your study in this. You are also to show the high probability of the success of your research and giving proof about the importance of your study.
- Lastly, your proposal needs an appropriate research methodology. This is the framework as to how you will carry out your objectives and how you will proceed with your research. It contains all detailed information, explanation, and step-by-step procedures. If you have fellow workers in your research, they should be mentioned too. It would be a very big mistake to include a half-baked methodology.
Of course, if your proposal is bad, it goes to show how unprepared you are. If you have the necessary knowledge and the right resources, but lacks time management skills, you still are in a pinch. This is one of the common reasons why students seek research writing help. Your last option is to seek help from online research proposal service and leave your research proposal in good hands.