When one will write his or her thesis on a certain topic, he or she will have to make it into an extraordinary piece especially if he or she is a student taking up Literature. Thesis statements start small until they get bigger and turn into a dissertation, thus, it is comparable as from small seeds until it grows into a big tree. The thesis statement is the main or soul of the dissertation for it is the one thing that you want to substantiate in your paper. Like having to take drops from a lemon fruit, thesis statements should have the real meaning of the topic as the reader goes deeper into it. The following are certain tips to improve your literature thesis statement:
1. In writing papers, thesis statements should be the main focus. In order to do this, construct at most 3 sentences to further indicate your stand on the topic given. Bear in mind that thesis statements should be direct to the point and do not need any more inappropriate statements.
2. Word counts do usually occur according to the overall extent of the article. One must be fully aware with details like this. For example, 5 to 6 pages of paper cannot only have a thesis statement containing 15 words. It should be dependent on the length regardless of what kind of thesis statement will be constructed. Actually, you can make 50 words thesis statement even with the use of only one sentence.
3. In order for a more successful paper, thesis statements should be able to formulate arguments in order for the readers have their own kind of discussion in their minds. Moreover, the paper will have depth and the reader will be able to understand more what the writer is trying to convey in his or her paper.
4. Thesis statements should be at least placed in the introductory part of the paper. Readers would be able to get your point and understand the paper easier and better.
5. Avoid any mistakes so that you would not go into hassles defending your points to other people. These points reflect your validity, once broken, your dissertation paper will be put into waste.
6. Thesis statements should have the quality of being debatable. It should not be a just cool statement. The reader should have to construct his or her perspective while reading the paper in order to gain more interest and train intellectual thinking. Thus, a debatable perspective boosts up the morale of the paper as well as its editors and readers.
7. Writings with no sense should be constructed and analyzed by logical writers.
Remember, just writing with only your pen and paper will not get you to any success. It should contain meaning and must give a certain point to the reader. Writing isn’t easy if you don’t focus on it. It should be properly coordinated with lots of effort and writing skills until the desired outcome is gained.